Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Colored Contacts… Are they fooling anyone

Actually these colored lenses featured on Heidi Klum and Paris Hilton are for Halloween and are therefore forgivable because they are meant for theatrical purposes and look great! (Well on Heidi Klum at least…)

But the inspiration for this post is for all those ladies and even gentlemen who rock colored lenses on the day to day. I just got back from China and the stewardess had thee cheesiest colored lenses on. The irony is I am absolutely certain she was not trying to sport obviously fake lenses for shock value or theatrical purposes but was genuinely trying to convince the populace at large that she and Elizabeth Taylor both were born with violet irises.

I found the whole thing so disconcerting that when she walked over to my seat to ask what I dinged her for, I completely forgot and instead stared blankly at her retinas. I bet she thinks people are so mesmerized by her fake purple eyes that they become speechless. Ummm – newsflash lady that is not the case! More like staring at a colored sphere floating over your natural brown eyes, you’re fooling no one.

I actually don’t have anything against colored lenses in general and in fact use to wear grey ones in high school. I guess my issue is when they don’t fit right and move and shift mid-conversation OR when the color is soooo unbelievably light or unique that you almost look like a cat or hypnotist.

PLUS – I think when colored lenses are combined with super dyed or fake hair, fake nails, fake tan, fake designer clothes… fake-fake-fake-fake… well the whole thing pretty much screams OVER KILL! No me gusto.

Exhibit A:



By the way, did you guys know that Paris Hilton wears colored contacts and that her eyes are naturally brown! And is it just me or did she have work done on her nose? Mmmm, then again it could just be the natural progression of age. Maybe…

0 comments:

Post a Comment