Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

How To Get the Smoothest Legs Ever!

Some of you might think I’m crazy for recommending this, but I swear by it now. Shaving my legs with hair conditioner has changed my life! As someone with super sensitive skin, it was impossible to shave without getting out of the shower with little red shaving cuts all over both of my legs. But now! The difference is amazing!

I used shaving cream for many years, and then made the switch to an eco-friendly shaving cream. The eco-friendly one, made by Kiss My Face, smelled great but was actually worse on my skin that traditional shaving creams I had used in the past. I was complaining about my shaving cuts one day when my girlfriend suggested using hair conditioner, I had heard of this trick before but never tried it. I happened to have an old bottle of Charles Worthington London Moisturizing Conditioner in my shower. A light formula, it was perfect for shaving and I’ve used it since, with no more cuts to complain of.

How is this eco-friendly? Well, you aren’t having to buy so many different products, first of all. You can buy one conditioner and make it last for use on your hair and legs. This is economical. Fewer bottles means less waste of course. Not convinced? Okay, if you really want to get crazy, go buy a bottle of eco-friendly, natural conditioner and use that for conditioning and shaving. Whatever you end up using, your legs will be smooth, and I think the shave lasts longer. I couldn’t find the exact Charles Worthington Conditioner that I’ve been using, I know it’s from Walgreens but it wasn’t on their website. I did dig up a couple of different ones that can be used just the same…you’ll have to report results now!



Organix Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Conditioner: $6.99



Yes To Carrots Pampering Hair Mud Conditioner, Paraben Free: $7.99



Vitamin Conditioner, Blueberry Avocado: $6.99

These are just a few moderately priced eco-friendly conditioners for normal to dry hair. You can, of course, go cheaper or more expensive based on what you like to treat your hair with. $1.99 Suave would probably work great on your legs, but I also know this doesn’t quite do it for every woman’s hair. As far as razors go, I don’t spend a lot of money on the fancy ones anymore. Perhaps this is why my legs suffered? Who knows…but they are happy now!

See also:

Smooth Legs Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
Best Shave Cream: Skintimate With Soy
Best On-The-Go Razor Ever
Nivea Men’s Shaving Gel and Nivea Shaving Balm
How to Get Rid of Ingrown Hairs
Tips on How to Treat and Prevent Bikini Razor Burn
Drugstore Miracles
In Love with LUSH
Beauty Blog Weekly Round-Up

0 comments:

Post a Comment