Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

In Love with LUSH

A few short years ago, I had a slight obsession with a certain bath and body store. I’d wait for the annual sales and throw down serious cash for lotions and shower gels that smelled extremely strong in the bottle but never lasted more than an hour on my body. One day while on vacation in Canada I stumbled upon the Lush Cosmetics store and I was forever changed. The smell in the store almost knocked me over it was so strong but it wasn’t an artificial floral or candy smell (like that other popular mall standard). The scent was unique, I smelled rosemary and herbs and a clean soapy smell. It smelled organic and grown up.

So what makes Lush so unique?

“Our Core Beliefs

We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.

We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.”

And you know what? They aren’t lying! You feel the love in every Lush product. Nearly all of their products are vegetarian or vegan friendly. On every bottle is a sticker with a picture and name of the person who made it by hand and the date they made it. Every single product I have purchased has improved by skin, my hair, or my mood. Sometimes all three! Let me introduce you to my all-time favorite:



BIG Shampoo $21.35

“Lemon-lime margarita shampoo adds shine and body to fine hair. The difference between a hefty, healthy hairdo and a lot of limp, lackluster locks? It’s this saucy, sassy, salty shampoo! BIG combines shine-enhancing citrus juices with the beautifying, hair-buffing impact of sea salt and genuine sea water for a body-building regimen your fine hair won’t sweat over.”

This stuff is fabulous. The scent wakes up up and it leaves your hair shiny and soft. You don’t even need conditioner! If I could marry this shampoo I would! Just kidding……or am I?

Shop for more shampoo at Smarter.com.

See also:

AXE Hair Products: Recommended for All Guys
A Formula for Beauty Success: Rosewater and Glycerine
The Body Deli – Fresh Food for the Skin
Love Samples – Check this Out!
Dry Shampooing: Yay or Nay?
Economics & Beauty: My Basket of Goods
Delicious Beauty – Philosophy Red Velvet Cake
Body Lotion – Try Gloves in a Bottle
Makeover Your Nails in Minutes

0 comments:

Post a Comment