Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Little Ponytail Holder

It was all about the braid at this year’s Alexander Wang show. Fashion week unveiled many interesting trends that are being forecasted for Spring 2010, but the sight of the side braid made my heart skip a beat. The side braid has been my favorite style with long hair. As a matter of fact, I grew out my hair with the intention and hope that one day, I might have a long wild side braid, and sure enough, I got it. I wore one today! Extra messy with pieces falling around everywhere. It’s nice to see such an extraordinary designer such as Wang to catch on and showcase this look. Let’s just hope he doesn’t forget about the girls he got the inspiration from…yeah right, only in dreams!

Until then, we’ll be happy to watch from the sidelines and admire.






The stylists really nailed the messy factor. These side braids are inspired by a number of things: two that come to mind for me are wholesome Midwest farm girls that are born with those long, thick manes and wild bohemian artists that go to sleep and wake up with that side braid for days at a time…hence the messy, bed head component. As I sing all the praise for the hair, the eyebrows on the other hand make my stomach cringe. They look like Edward Scissorhand brows and really creep me out. They also look like stitches. More creeps. Love the nude lips and dewey skin. Aside from the eyebrows, I strive for this look on almost a daily basis. Natural, wild, yet well kept.

A small, almost minute detail that can make this amazing look all possible? The hair tie, rubber band, ponytail holder, whatever you refer to it as…that pulls this all together. Unless you have a short pixie haircut, you must need one or look for one at some point throughout the day when you can’t stand your hair anymore. Like many young women my age, I like to keep one on my wrist in case of an emergency. My favorite brand is Goody. They make an Ouchless metal free design which keeps my locks from being ripped out by tiny pieces of metal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment