Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

So Long Lady Speed Stick, We’re in the Eco Age

In this age of eco-friendly, I’m sure you all have seen an all natural deodorant out there when browsing the personal care product aisle. Maybe you haven’t, but either way…they’re out there. They being the natural deodorants. I’ve seen crystals, rocks, sprays, solids. All kinds of “all natural” deodorants. The crystals and rocks do not interest me in the least. I know my underarms, and I know a rock that you splash some water on just isn’t going to do it for me. I could be very wrong, I usually am. If you see a post pop up in a few weeks claiming how wonderful and miraculous crystal deodorants are, don’t be surprised. Then there’s Tom’s of Maine deodorants. I bought the gel solid with a lavender scent to it. There’s all sorts including peach too! Didn’t work. In fact, it made the moisture under my arms worse and the lavender didn’t mask a thing. So now I’m back to my good old Soft & Dri with conditioning silk, and even that gives out mid-day. I have not tried spray deodorants. These I am curious about. Weleda makes a sage spray deodorant, and my girlfriend uses this. Never heard a complaint from her, but then again she looks like the kind of gal that doesn’t get very sweaty. I like the idea of a spray though. It looks refreshing. Sephora seems to be up on the natural and organic trend and it was on their website that I found this…



Lavanila Laboratories The Heathy Deodorant in Vanilla Lavender $18

Apparently this stick is 100% natural, but uses a beta-glucan technology. Don’t ask me what this is. The good news is it does not contain aluminum or mineral oils. These ingredients can clog the sweat glands. It’s also paraben, sulfate free and all that other good stuff–Sephora is slapping their natural seal on it. Lavanila comes in a few different scents that sound better than the tired old baby powder scent I’ve been using for years: Vanilla, Vanilla Coconut, Vanilla Lavender, and Vanilla Grapefruit. It’s no mystery why the company is called Lavanila. But $18 bucks? Really? I’m sure it will last long and there will be no irritation under the arms, so it’s probably worth it. Besides I would rather smell like yummy vanilla and know that my underarms are safe from harmful chemicals, trying this would be a fun experiment.

Shop though a variety of deodorant at Smarter.com.

See also:

Natural Deodorant that Works
BODY ODOR ATTACK – Embarrassing, Uncomfortable and Repugnant
Lip Gloss Versus Lip Stick – What team do you play for?
Test Drive: TESS Skin Care Products
Perfume: Making Sense out of Fragrances and Scents
L’Occitane Foaming Bath Soap with Lavender Essential Oil

0 comments:

Post a Comment