Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Seasonal Highlight: Working the Cuff Sandal

I recently went shopping for new sandals for the Spring season: it was a hot day outside, and the sandals were an emergency. The only open-toed shoes I had were ragged old flip flops from Summer ‘09, and the thong part of the shoe ripped out as I tried to skip across the street: in a moment of dire necessity, I hobbled my way to the shoe store up the street, dreaming of the gorgeous gladiator sandals and studded flats from the summer before, praying for a beautiful pair to fit my aching, shoe-bare feet. I was shocked and amazed (which quickly changed to adoration!) when I was confronted with this season’s gladiators, the queens of the summer feet, the cuff sandal! Rows and rows of them, I tried them each on, delighted by their buckled details and leather linings. I couldn’t wait to gobble them up, and I could tell all of my female companions in the store felt the same. Instead of buying the sexy new cuff sandals, I bought more sturdy walking shoes, and vowed to come back with my next paycheck and splurge on the summer babes. My boyfriend was relieved – he asked ‘why would you want to buy cuff sandals? They give you instant cankles!’ Horrified, I was.

What do you think? Are cuff sandals the best look this summer? Or are they an unflattering fad?

While I debated this question, I decided to spend my paycheck on beautifying my feet, so no matter what fashionable sandal I choose, my toes and feet will look fabulous. I bought myself a new scented moisturizer and a fabulous dark purple nail polish. No matter what your sandal choice, make sure your feet are prepped to look their best!

0 comments:

Post a Comment