Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Review of Acqua Essentials Caviahue

While the weather is changing, our skin needs to adapt. A meteorologist would tell you that it has to do with the moisture in the air and the imbalance of dry heat from our homes being turned on one day (when it decides to pour outside!) and turned off the next, when it’s 80 degrees outside. How is your skin supposed to cope? All of the fluctuation results in imperfections and dry spots in the parts of your body that are most exposed to the weather (mostly your hands, face, and feet). Feet you need to take special care of, because soon they are going to be out in the sandals, and you don’t want them scaly and dry. You need to protect your skin with moisturizers that address the specific needs of your hands, feet, and face.

Recently, Acqua Essentials sent me a product to try out: the Acqua Essentials Caviahue Nourishing Moisturizing Cream with Thermal Water from Caviahue, Patagonia. Acqua Essentials is a company new to the United States originally from Spain: but they have been having so much success with their thermal water products that they decided to branch out the company.

Thank you Acqua Essentials: now I’d like to provide my unbiased review. As with any product, this one certainly comes with its positives and negatives.

The thermal water is pretty cool: it activates the moisturizer to better absorb into your skin. The downside is it’s a thick cream that smells slightly like vaseline, and though it recommends for the face I think it’s a bit too oily for that. I like it much better for the hands and feet. I’m not sure whether I’ll be buying this for my face since I’d prefer a product that is a little less heavy and overwhelming.

Acqua Essentials has a boatload of products to enjoy, including thermal mud masks and anti-wrinkle creams, all with their special thermal water agent. I’m going to test these out next, and I’ll let you know what happens!

Note: these are not my hands, and the actual results may vary.

Image Source: flickr.com/photos/stephenkwilli/3258065448

See also:

Favorite Mens Fragrances – Acqua di Gio Cologne
Bag Balm: Udderly Wonderful!
Beauty Review:Skin MD Shielding Lotion
Drugstore Miracles
Beauty Blog Week in Review
A Formula for Beauty Success: Rosewater and Glycerine
Cleavage Enhancing Make-Up Kits – Little Boobs No More

0 comments:

Post a Comment