Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Is Daring Hair Color a Beauty Faux-Pas?

At work, I can get away with a lot: flip flops, jeans, tee shirts, hoodies. I’ve even seen some (tasteful) short skirts, shorts, and tights around the office. Even with such a relaxed dress code, I’m surrounded by women who look beautiful, upkept, and fashionable. Who needs a strict office dress code with skirts and slacks? In any case, there are a couple of things that I probably couldn’t pull off: swimwear, excessive amounts of cleavage, facial piercings, booty shorts, and crazy hair color.

With my natural black hair, the most daring hair color that I would pick is probably a subtle mahogany undertone. I commend the girls who can put together a more vibrant and drastic look. I would love to be able to go from blonde to redhead to brunette. Sadly, my dark skin tone makes this dream impossible.

My overall look is fairly conservative, but I remember that when I was 13, I really wanted pink hair. I never actually followed through with dying my hair hot-magenta because my private school dress code prohibited the trend, and then, I lost interest. Now, to be quite honest, I would never even consider an outrageous hair color – not because I think that the look is tacky (to each their own) but because I look better with a natural shade.

What’s the consensus on bright colored hair? Love it or hate it?

For a daring look, shop pink hair color at Smarter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment